I have switched to Nginx and it was pretty seamless albeit I had to learn the config. But . . I just noticed that the DAV functionality is not completely working. I cannot get my Mac to connect to it. FreeBSD is missing an updated extended DAV module. I had opened a ticket but it wont be happening till the next version. So, back to Apache for now.
I am still cleaning up the aftermath of the upgrade to 12. The base upgrade went well and it seems the issues I have encountered is mostly to the ports.
First off, email and my web server did not work out of the box. I had to reinstall a lot of ports and I did not realize that having OpenSSL port can cause a lot of havoc. Went back to the base OpenSSL and reinstalled the ports.
I also realized that doing a pkg remove will sometimes help with certain conflicts. Portmaster failed several times and I found that its mostly because I was using the OpenSSL port version.
I am finally able to get a working LDAP working with my LetsEncrypt certificates.
The links that help me tremendously is Loga.us blog. I followed most of the instructions except for the replication piece. Also this Archlinux page gave me what i needed to fix the issue I was having.
Today I was doing a lot of upgrading.
I was able to purchase a new PC to get my pFsense install into the latest and greatest 2.4.3 version. My old router PC was an old Pentium 4 and pFSense needs a 64Bit CPU. I went ahead and got an old HP 8200 SFF which has a Core I5 CPU. At least, I am future proofing a bit when 2.5 comes up. I added a quad port NIC and I think I am set for now.
I had a small hiccup with the config restore because there was no easy way for one to tell which port is em0 or em1. Can’t really tell from looking at the connections and in the console. I guess one can do trial and error and move the connections and doing a ping. The only thing is after one reboots, the system will try to find an internet connection and one can’t really proceed. I found a bug report at the pFsense site which mentions a work around for this. Essentially, one has to disable the pkg source file so that one can skip to the console main screen. Took me about a good couple of hours troubleshooting.
Lastly, after I got my internet back and while I thought making a note of all of this in WP, I got another upgrade notification. All in a days work. Fun.
If one wants to make the startup code to work in the latest Eclipse. You need to install JAva 1.6 and change it on the Eclipse settings. It defaults to the latest one on my Mac.
new stuff day… lol